Nonwoven fabrics are the youngest and most promising emerging field in the textile industry. my country's non-woven industry started late, but it has developed rapidly. In the early stage of development, non-woven fabrics were mainly used in the clothing industry as accessories. With the rapid development of social economy and science and technology, new products and new technologies of non-woven fabrics are emerging in an endless stream, changing with each passing day, and the scope of application is becoming wider and wider.
The exact name of non-woven fabrics should be non-woven fabrics, or non-woven fabrics. my country's national standard GB/T5709-1997 "Textile Nonwovens Terminology" defines nonwovens as: oriented or randomly arranged fibers, made by friction, cohesion, or adhesion, or a combination of these methods. Sheets, webs, or batts, excluding paper, woven, knitted, tufted, and wet-laid felts. Because it is a fabric that does not require spinning and weaving, it just orients or randomly arranges textile staple fibers or filaments to form a web structure, which is then reinforced by mechanical, thermal bonding or chemical methods.
The production process of non-woven fabrics can be divided into the following steps:
1. Carding and finishing fibers; 2. Fiber forming into a web; 3. Fixing of the fiber web; 4. Heat treatment; 5. Final finishing.
According to the causes of non-woven fabrics, they can be classified as:
(1) Spunlace non-woven fabric: The high-pressure fine water jet is sprayed onto one or more layers of fiber webs to entangle the fibers with each other, thereby strengthening the fiber web.
(2) Heat-bonded non-woven fabrics: refers to adding fibrous or powdery hot-melt adhesive reinforcement materials to the fiber web, so that the fiber web is heated and then melted and then cooled to reinforce it into a cloth.
(3) Pulp airlaid non-woven fabrics: also known as dust-free paper and dry-laid non-woven fabrics. It uses air-laid technology to turn wood pulp fibers into single fibers, and uses airflow to condense the fibers on the web-forming curtain and then consolidate them into cloth.
(4) Wet-laid non-woven fabrics: The fiber raw materials placed in the water medium are opened into single fibers, and different fiber raw materials are mixed to make a fiber suspension slurry and transported to the web-forming mechanism, and the web is reinforced in the wet state. cloth.
(5) Spunbond non-woven fabric: After the polymer is extruded and stretched to form continuous filaments, it is laid into a web, and the fiber web is bonded or mechanically reinforced to become a non-woven fabric.
(6) Melt-blown non-woven fabric: the production steps are polymer input-melt extrusion-fiber formation-fiber cooling-web-forming-reinforcing into cloth.
(7) Needle-punched non-woven fabric: It is a kind of dry-laid non-woven fabric. The fluffy fiber web is reinforced into cloth by the puncture effect of the needle.
(8) Stitch-bonded non-woven fabric: It is a kind of dry-laid non-woven fabric, which uses the warp-knitted coil structure to reinforce the fiber web, yarn layer, non-woven material (such as plastic sheet, etc.) or their combination. Non-woven.
The fiber raw materials required to make non-woven fabrics are very wide, such as cotton, hemp, wool, asbestos, glass fiber, viscose (rayon) and synthetic fibers (including nylon, polyester, acrylic, polyvinyl chloride, vinyl Wait). But now the production of non-woven fabrics is no longer dominated by cotton fibers, and other fibers such as rayon have taken their place.
Non-woven fabrics are also a new type of environmentally friendly materials, which are moisture-proof, breathable, elastic, light in weight, non-combustible, easy to decompose, non-toxic and non-irritating, rich in color, low in price, and recyclable. very broad.
Among industrial materials, non-woven fabrics are mostly used to make filter media, sound insulation, electrical insulation, packaging, roofing and abrasive materials because of their high filtration efficiency, insulation, heat insulation, acid resistance, alkali resistance and tear resistance. product. In the daily necessities industry, it can be used as a core material for clothing, curtains, wall decoration materials, diapers, travel bags, etc. In medical and health products, it can be used in the production of surgical gowns, hospital gowns, masks, sanitary belts, etc.
Application of non-woven fabrics
Geosynthetics is a high-tech, high-value-added industrial textile material with a wide range of uses. Nonwoven geotextiles mainly include: spunbond geotextiles, staple fiber needle punched geotextiles, hot melt bonded geotextiles, geonets and grids, geomembranes, and composite geotextiles. Geotextiles have the functions of reinforcement, isolation, filtration, drainage and anti-seepage in geotechnical construction.
2. Non-woven filter material
Filter materials have become an indispensable and important product in modern society. As a new type of filter material, non-woven filter material is gradually replacing traditional textile filter material with its unique three-dimensional three-dimensional network structure, uniform distribution of pores, good filtration performance, low cost and many varieties, becoming the leading product of filter medium. extremely fast.
3. Non-woven fabrics for medical and sanitary use
Medical non-woven fabric is a product with potential for development. It gives full play to the advantages of fiber as a health care material, and is the product of emerging industrial disciplines formed by the fusion and intersection of multiple disciplines and technologies. Including surgical gowns, protective clothing, disinfection wraps, masks, diapers, civilian wipes, wipes, wet wipes, magic towels, soft towel rolls, beauty products, sanitary napkins, sanitary pads, and disposable sanitary cloths.
4. Agricultural nonwovens
Agricultural non-woven fabrics have long service life, good effects and low investment. The promotion of agricultural non-woven fabrics is conducive to promoting agricultural modernization. Agricultural uses are mainly for matting, heat insulation, heat preservation, wind barrier, fruit protection, pest control, seedling raising, sowing, covering, etc.
5. Non-woven fabrics for clothing
The non-woven adhesive lining used for clothing has the characteristics of light weight, softness, low cost, wide variation range of thickness and thickness, strong adaptability, non-directional arrangement of fibers, and large elasticity, and is easy to be compatible with various fabrics. Including lining, adhesive lining, flakes, styling cotton, various synthetic leather base fabrics, etc.
6. Home decoration, daily necessities and packaging materials
Mainly refers to the lining of sofas and beds, curtains and curtains, tablecloths, cover cloths for household appliances, suit covers, car interiors, car protective covers, wipers, packaging cloth for equipment materials, etc. There is also non woven fabric slitting machine. Click to discover more.