It certainly doesn’t look as menacing as many of its larger forklift cousins. But your electric pallet jack has its own set of safety concerns. These trucks come in a number of varieties and those are broken out by the Industrial Truck Association this way: What are the safety concerns then?
Could you name them all? Here is a Pallet Truck Safety List.
- Do not operate or work on this truck unless you are trained, qualified and authorized to do so.
- Operate this truck only from the operator’s position.
- Know the truck’s controls and what they do.
- Before working on this truck, always turn the key switch to OFF and disconnect the truck’s battery connector.
- Do not operate this truck if it needs repair or if it is in any way unsafe.
- Do not wear watches, rings, or jewelry when working on this truck.
- Obey the scheduled lubrication, maintenance, and inspection steps.
- Clean up any hydraulic fluid, oil, or grease that has leaked or spilled on the floor.
- Do not take “shortcuts.”
- Always park this truck indoors.
- Do not use an open flame near the truck.
- Do not park this truck in a cold storage area overnight.
- Do not use gasoline or other flammable liquids for cleaning parts.
- Do not wash this truck with a hose.
This article comes from Toyota Lift edit released